Masculine Conversations

Masculine Conversations

Monday, May 5, 2014

This burning in my heart...


Sometimes I sit here and wonder what in the world I am doing spending years and years of my life and tens of thousands of hard-earned dollars preparing for a life of serving God when this American community urges young men like me to live for something totally different. But only for a moment.

Then I look around at so many of us here at home, including many Christians, who are living normal lives in normal towns in normal houses with normal families doing normal things every normal day, and I remember again that what the world looks at as a wasted life is actually the greatest privilege and blessing I could ever ask for. When I am serving my Creator right where he wants me, giving my all without regard for my own life or possessions, I am filled with joy like never before, and know the true purpose of life. You have to really believe in the Gospel to follow God's call.

"Never pity missionaries; envy them. They are where the real action is --where life and death, sin and grace, Heaven and Hell converge." --Robert C. Shannon

"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell; I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." --C.T. Studd

"People who do not know the Lord ask why in the world we waste our lives as missionaries. They forget that they too are expending their lives...and when the bubble has burst, they will have nothing of eternal significance to show for the years they have wasted." --Nate Saint, Missionary to Ecuador Martyred in 1957

- Isaac


No comments:

Post a Comment