Masculine Conversations

Masculine Conversations

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Thinking of you


Dear Future Wife,

It's a beautiful day here in Vermont as autumn slowly sets in, working its wonders across the tree covered hills. And I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you.

I think of you when the sun comes up in the morning, as I'm sitting by the window drinking coffee and memorizing God's Word. I think of how you'd like the way the sunlight filters down through the trees, lighting up the scampering chipmunks.

I think of you as I study. Think of how I, by God's grace, will be able to provide for you and for our family as a result of these hours upon hours of pouring over books.

I think of you when I see the smile of a young mother cradling her baby. I can see you in her eyes.

I think of you when others are falling to temptation, and I pray for you. And I cry out to God for His grace and mercy, that by His grace, I might stand strong in the day of temptation, staying pure for you - physically, mentally, and visually.

I think of you when I hear a girl laugh. Think of how you will laugh, and how I'd like to laugh with you.

I think of you often.

Forever and ever I remain faithfully yours, waiting for and thinking of you.

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment