Masculine Conversations

Masculine Conversations

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Life Lately

Isabella and I, home from an outing together

The last two weeks have been busier than I can remember for a very long time! Here are a few of the things we have been up to:

> Sending Curtis off to his first rotation away - obstetrics and gynecology about 4 hours away. He's been doing great so far, and just delivered his first baby yesterday!

> Celebrating Emily's 22nd birthday! #we'vegotanawesomesister

> Taking a quick camping trip over Ems' birthday to celebrate it with Curtis.

> Realizing part way through our camping trip that the Excursion's transmission is going out - i.e. stopped at an intersection with 20 cars behind us, and the vehicle treats "drive" as "neutral." #flareprayersstillwork

> Spending time with good friends from Quebec for a day

> Getting all my transcripts sent to Thomas Edison State College and AMCAS (American Medical College Admissions Service). When you've done college online, you have A LOT of transcripts!

> Spending two days scraping, stretching, and generally wrassling with two gigantic yak hides. More on that later...

> Harvesting thousands of heads of garlic at a local farm, and smelling like a walking garlic clove for days after (actually, I can still smell it on my hands)

> Getting TB testing so I can shadow a couple of doctors

> Going for a great mountain bike ride with the family

> Eating yak tongue chili - a first!

> Going out for cheesecake and present shopping with my lil sis - we're giving Ems her birthday presents when Curtis is back in town next week

It's a busy time, but a good one. My medical school applications are coming together, and I'm looking forward to shadowing both in the clinic and OR in a little over a week. 9 credits of math are yelling for attention, but I like math, so that shouldn't be too bad.

Right now, it's a beautiful day, and I'm just glad to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment