Masculine Conversations

Masculine Conversations

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring, and a winter hike

It's been a while since I posted, and it seems that in the meantime, winter has all but left Vermont. As I write, rain is falling hard out the window, and there is no snow in sight. In fact, the only snow I have seen recently is a little left on the tops of the peaks around here, like Camel's Hump and Mt. Mansfield.

I'm looking forward to getting out and doing a couple of spring hikes soon or a good hard trail run where you don't have to worry about traction! Since it's pouring rain, though, I think I'll stay inside for now and post a couple pictures of one of my favorite hikes this winter - up Camel's Hump with my two older brothers.

 The view south from on top.

 The three of us - me, Austin, and Curtis (left to right)

Another quick shot before the long hike back down!

Well, the rain has now stopped, and the birds are back at the bird feeder right outside the window. Everything is fresh and new and bright, and it's a good day to be alive - especially because my sister Emily is about to put in a batch of cinnamon rolls!

"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" Psalm 118:24

- Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment