Masculine Conversations

Masculine Conversations

Monday, December 29, 2014

Current project

Curtis and I recently started work on a wood project we have both wanted to do for a long time...building a wooden clock. Since Curtis had given me a bandsaw for my birthday earlier in the year, we printed out some gear patterns, glued them to birch plywood scraps a neighbor had given us, and started sawing them out.

Here's what it should look like when we're done (hopefully!). The patterns, and above picture, are taken from www.woodenclocks.co.uk.

 Setting up

First gears. This is a great project for winter weekends, because we can bring it inside and be near everyone else, especially when the garage is below freezing. 
 
We now have most of the gears cut out, and yesterday I started work shaping the dowels from some old hardwood trim, using a jig I made for the router table. It's a great project to work on together!

No comments:

Post a Comment