Masculine Conversations

Masculine Conversations

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Calling all Christian men

For as long as I can remember, my brothers and I have prayed daily for our future wives. It was a habit Mums and Papa taught us when we were young, and it has become part of who we are.

Growing up with this mindset of intentional preparation for marriage and of heartfelt prayer for our future wives, I was very encouraged when I recently discovered the organization "e5 Men," based on Ephesians 5:25: "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church, and gave himself up for her".

Thousands of men from over 80 countries have joined together to fast once a month for their future wives. e5 Men is a non-denominational group, and all Christian men are encouraged to join and share, in a small way, Christ's sufferings for His bride, as we lift up our own brides, present or future, to Him.

I joined today, and will be doing my December fast tomorrow. I'm looking forward to spending a day in prayer and fasting for the girl I know God is preparing me to love someday as Christ loves the church.

I would encourage all Christian men who are husbands or future husbands to join e5men.  More information can be found here:  www.e5men.org

No comments:

Post a Comment