- Relaxing after my organic chemistry II final
- Cooking and more cooking for Thanksgiving dinner with friends
- Taking advantage of amazing deals on Black Friday
- Suddenly being without power as the snow plow hit our neighbor's power lines
- Playing "Ticket to Ride" (Europe) while the power was out
- Going to my first gun show, with Augs and Papa
- Hiking Mt. Mansfield in the dark through a foot of snow and 40 mph winds
- Munching Reese's peanut-butter cups on the way home from the hike
- Making biscuits with Mums
Tomorrow morning, we will have a Texas family coming and staying until Wednesday, and then another family from Quebec coming that afternoon and staying through Saturday. Austin's birthday is also this week, and of course, all of regular life, so it should keep us busy! Still, I've got a couple of posts planned, so I'm not planning to leave blogging in the dust.
A small part of our Thanksgiving feast. After a couple of hours cooking together, we had a roast chicken with onions and potatoes, two types of stuffing, mashed potatoes with garlic butter, gravy, homemade buns, salad, paneer pakora (Indian homemade cheese, deepfried - pictured above), and onions pakora (Indian deepfried onions - also pictured above).
We were all incredibly full after dinner, so we took a ping-pong break in the basement to make room for dessert. Emily's homemade apple pie and vanilla ice cream was amazing as always, and by the time we were ready for Curtis's pumpkin pie, everyone was too full again, so we took a monopoly break!
We fueled our intense competition with a pumpkin pie break halfway through, and in the end, Curtis won the game.
It was yet another great Thanksgiving!