Masculine Conversations

Masculine Conversations

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Goals for 2014

Up here in Vermont, January thaw is in full swing. Yesterday it rained all day, and today we are down to just a few inches of snow on the ground. It's amazing how much snow is left, but considering the several feet we got over the last weeks, I guess it shouldn't be that surprising!

Given that it's the start of a new year, I have been putting a lot of thought and prayer into making some goals for 2014. I broke them down into categories to make sure I didn't miss anything: spiritual goals, hobby goals, character goals, fitness goals, skills goals, financial goals, etc. Some of the goals I made this year include: journal 500 words at least once per week; read through the Bible; memorize Galatians and Ephesians; trail run up Mt. Mansfield (highest peak in VT); and master "Asturias" by Isaac Albinez on the classical guitar.

I have a lot more goals (actually, I have 50 of them), but that's a good sample.

As we begin this year, I hope you take time to consider the type of person you want to be at the end of 2014, and set goals to help you get there. 

- Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment