Masculine Conversations

Masculine Conversations

Monday, January 19, 2015

How to organize receipts


It's the start of the new year, and since I love both organization and finances, I decided last Saturday to set up an easy system for organizing my receipts this year.

After scouring the web, I finally found an amazingly simple yet effective method on www.howtocleanstuff.net. I highly recommend you check it out.

The author lays it all out step by step, but the basic idea (once you have the system in place) is this: You have folders labeled with your various categories of spending. Every time you get a receipt, simply place it in the appropriate folder. At the end of the month, put each folder's contents in a business envelope, and store all that month's envelopes in another folder, marked for that month.

I added a "taxes" folder for all my tax returns and related information. And for online receipts, I save them into a folder on the computer, and will simply print them off at the end of each month and include them with that month's other receipts.

- Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment